Thursday, March 22, 2012

" Mustapha... mint tea s'il te plaît? "

I haven't posted on here for a couple of weeks, it's cause I went off trekking the globe again, while you guys live your robotic routine lives. Doing the same thing over and over again, wishing somebody would pull the trigger.

Morocco. Situated in North West Africa is by far one of my favorite places on this planet. Being one of the many places I grew up in and going back to till now, the place never gets old. Thriving with rich, interesting culture and amazing food would make you just want to stay there, but that's not all Morocco has to offer. For any surfer, since way back in the early days, Morocco was a place to catch unridden right-hand pointbreaks, with not a single person out. Times have changed but the feeling hasn't.

While I write this, I really don't know why I am writing this! I should be back in a country that excites me, makes my nose tingle to the smells of tagine and mint tea. My hands firmly gripped upon my steering wheel of my some what trusty Defender, and last, getting some of the sickest waves I've ever ridden.







3 comments:

  1. A really great post. It reminds Granny and me of our two trips to Morocco--the first when you were living at the Seaman's club and your Dad took you, me and Granny on the "Grand Tour", to Rabaat, Meknes,Marrakech and a host of other interesting places we can't remember by name--and the second when we broghr you over to stay with your Dad and his summer study college kids. We wish we could do it again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clint, excellent shots! Thanks for posting. I'm missing my traveling days too. You're making me homesick for my carry-on.

    ReplyDelete